Product Code: DAN-MonitorST
When mating a microphone, preamp or eq with an artist- how can it be judged if you can't hear what's truly there? The Monitor ST is the outcome of real world experience combined with mastering grade components. Don't let a lesser monitor rig hold your audio hostage.
- Speaker Switching (3 sets) plus Independent Subwoofer Control & Filtering
- Speaker Offsets for Level Matching
- Analog Input Switching Between 4 Sources (-10 dBv or +4 dBu)
- Separate Stereo Aux Input Path
- Fully Programmable Remote with Simple Cat-5 Cable Connectivity
- Analog Stepped Attenuator Volume for Consistent Imaging at all Levels
- Talkback, Solo, Dim, Mute and Mono Controls
- Built-in Talkback Mic and Remote Mic Input
- Pristine 20 Watt Headphone Amplifier for Dynamics and Inspiration
- Expandable: Surround, Additional D/A and Custom Switching
The Dangerous Monitor ST is a remote-control accessed input source switcher/speaker switcher/cue system/talkback system /headphone amplifier all in a one rack space package.
The optional SR is a companion expansion module, providing full 5.1 capability. You can start in stereo with the ST and expand to surround later simply by adding the SR. No redundancy or obsolescence!
Configure and control your entire system from the comfort of your sweet spot.
1. Analog stepped-attenuator volume control
No level control IC's used - pristine, accurate and repeatable.
2. 4 input sources
Switch between your DAW outputs, DVD player, CD player, tape machines, etc.
3. 3 speaker outputs
Switch between up to 3 sets of monitors
4. Programmable input gain offsets
Adjust for and store level offsets for different source devices
5. Input level compensation for -10dBV and +4dBu sources
Instantly adjust and store gain compensation for consumer devices
6. Input 4 has continuously variable level offset
Compensate for commercial CD levels and perform true A/B comparisons without compromising sound quality.
7. Programmable output level offsets
Fine-tune and store offsets to achieve equal apparent loudness on all your control room speakers- The optional SR unit has continually variable level trims for L-R rear, center and LFE.
8. Assignable subwoofer output
Choose and store which sets of speakers you want to use with your sub
9. Programmable subwoofer level offset
Adjust and store subwoofer levels, easily alternate between sub function and LFE function
10. Selectable subwoofer filtering
Select and store subwoofer filter options for each set of speakers. Switch between full bandwidth for surround mixing and bottom octave only for stereo work.
11. Comprehensive speaker Mute and Solo
Easily mute and solo speakers in any combination
12. Flexible stereo cue system with main and auxiliary inputs
Make your performers happy with a great headphone mix or use the aux input as a Beep channel to monitor computer alert tones or click tracks on the main speakers.
13. Onboard cue power amp
40 watts of clean power for your headphones
14. Talkback system with dual control and dedicated slate output
Give the producer his own talkback button! Easily slate tracks, or send the slate output to a powered speaker for open-air talkback
15. Optional SR unit has selected source output
Send source signals to meters or any other external device Add color to the track or mix- not to the monitor section...
Input source selection, speaker switching, cue system, talkback functions and headphone amplification are all neatly tucked into one rack space and controlled via the comprehensive, customizable remote. As with every Dangerous Music product, painstaking measures are taken to create complete functionality with ZERO audio compromise. Expansion to 5.1 on up to 10.2 or farther is simple: just add the Monitor SR and/or the Additional Switching System.
Like all Dangerous Music products, Monitor ST leverages mastering-grade components selected for both performance and sound, and is tested to draconian tolerances to ensure stunning & accurate imaging, headroom, punch and detail, so that you can know with confidence that you are making the right recording, mixing and mastering decisions. DC coupled circuit design means that that no transformers color your sound and no filter caps smear stereo. What you hear is what you've got. No limited bandwidth, no transient suppression--just the unadulterated truth.
Gain Tracking Accuracy: better than 0.05dB for 6 channels
Frequency Response: 1Hz-100kHz -0.1dB
Crosstalk Rejection: >96dB
Nominal Input Level: +4dBu or -10dBV
Crossover: -3dB @ 57Hz 18dB/octave modified Butterworth/Chebyshev
Headphone amp: 0.002% THD+N
Headroom: +25dBu to main outputs
Warranty: 2 years parts and labor, subject to inspection. Does not include damage incurred through abusive operation or modifications/attempted repair by unauthorized technicians.