Roland have just announced the TR-08 Rhythm Composer, and the SH-01A Synthesizer - the latest additions to the popular Roland Boutique instrument lineup!
The TR-08 is a compact recreation of the iconic Roland TR-808, easily one of the most influential drum machines ever made, and currently one of the most sought-after pieces of electronic music gear of all time! The 808’s warm, all-analog voice and intuitive user interface has given rise to numerous musical genres, and is now an essential piece of kit found in all major studios around the world.
Now, built with meticulous attention to detail, the TR-08 combines the sound, look, and feel of the TR-808, and carries the instrument forward into new sonic territory with additional features and modern reliability. And with its affordable price, the TR-08 puts the legendary “808” vibe within reach of anyone who’s ever dreamed of owning the iconic original!
Roland TR-08 features at a glance…
- Roland’s Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology accurately recreates all the ingredients that make the TR-808 so special.
- The interface, though scaled-down in size, is 100-percent authentic, with all the buttons, knobs, and switches found on the TR-808.
- The sequencer has 16 sub-steps per step, enabling users to create detailed snare fills and intricate, rolling hi-hats.
- Track-selectable trigger out for working with external instruments and modular gear.
- LED display enables finer control of tempo and shuffle, and it’s now possible to step program or tap in parts in real time without stopping to change modes.
- The TR-08 sends and receives MIDI control messages, and supports audio and MIDI over USB.
- Extremely portable: runs on USB bus power or batteries,includes a built-in speaker, and includes a DK-01 Boutique Dock that allows users to adjust the panel’s viewing angle.
Click here to check out the Roland TR-08 at Sounds Easy >>>
The SH-01A is a compact reproduction of the Roland SH-101, one of the most popular monophonic analog synthesizers from the 1980s. A go-to peice of kit for creating fat bass lines, edgy lead sounds and spine-chilling effects, the sonic characters of the SH-101 have been revered by electronic musicians for over 30 years.
The SH-01A builds on the iconic sounds and creative immediacy of the original, but also takes this classic instrument into exciting new realms with new performance features, and polyphony!
Roland SH-01A features at a glance…
- Roland’s Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology fully recreates the oscillator, filter, and envelope behaviors of the vintage SH-101 with extreme accuracy.
- Although scaled-down in size, the user interface offers all the hands-on controls found on the original hardware.
- Expanding on the SH-101’s huge monophonic voice, the SH-01A supports four voices and four modes for more sound-creation possibilities.
- Unison mode stacks four voices for super-fat basses and leads, and Chord mode layers any four pitches together for playing in semitone steps.
- The SH-01A also offers 64 patch memories for storing sounds, a feature not available on the SH-101.
- The SH-01A is equipped with an intuitive 100-step sequencer like the one found on the SH-101, but now adds the ability to save and recall 64 sequence patterns for any performance situation.
- The sequencer can also be used to control modular synths, hardware modules, and software plug-ins via CV/Gate, MIDI, and USB.
- Extremely portable: runs on USB bus power or batteries, and includes a built-in speaker for mobile situations.
Click here to check out the Roland SH-01A at Sounds Easy >>>