UAD Software v9.6 adds new guitar amp, mastering suite, and microphone collection plug-ins, exclusively for UA Interfaces and UAD-2 hardware
Alongside the new UA-developed Century Tube Channel Strip plug-in, this latest software release offers new plug-in titles from UA’s direct developer partners, Brainworx and Townsend Labs which are available for demo and purchase now!
Here's a quick overview of the new tools to add to your toolkit:
Century Tube Channel Strip Plug-In
The Century Tube Channel Strip’s mic preamp gives your instruments and vocals a burnished tube color with the unmistakable warmth and detail that only a tube mic pre can provide. Harnessing UA’s groundbreaking Unison technology, the Century Tube Channel Strip blurs the lines between analog and digital, capturing all the important impedance, gain staging “sweet spots,” and circuit behaviours of a vintage tube preamp.
With its intuitive, musically voiced, three-band EQ, the Century Tube Channel Strip is perfect for quickly bringing out the details in a breathy vocal, adding punch to an overdriven electric guitar, or giving acoustic guitar propulsive sizzle and shine. The final piece of signal processing is a classic autoformer-driven optical compressor.
The Century Tube Channel Strip’s dynamics section takes the guesswork out of compression settings with a single knob. Users can quickly tame a dynamic vocal or bass performance, and add energy and harmonics to acoustic guitars or piano, all with the twist of a knob.
- Everything you need to capture great vocal & instrument sounds in a single plug-in
- Vintage-inspired channel strip made for UA Audio Interface tracking, always easy to dial and musically flattering Console-inspired tube preamp with bold and musical hardware sound
- Three-band EQ with simple high and low shelf tone control and sweepable midrange
- Performance-inspiring single knob optical dynamics control with firm yet transparent response
- Physical input impedance and front panel control of gain staging and other preamp parameters with Unison Mic Preamp Technology on UA Audio Interfaces
- A UAD DSP Accelerator or UA Audio Interface is required
Suhr PT100 Amplifier Plug-In
The Suhr PT100 Amplifier plug-in is the result of a five-year collaboration between vaunted amp designer John Suhr and world-renowned guitarist/tone aficionado Pete Thorn (Chris Cornell, Melissa Etheridge). A hot-rodded version of Suhr’s original PT100 design, it features a custom “Plexi-style” output transformer, four EL-34 power tubes, and six 12AX7 preamp tubes under the hood.
- Switch between three channels, each with a distinctive tone: American, British, and high-gain modded British
- Easily customize tones with 3-band EQ and Crunch, Boost, and Bright switches for each channel
- Unique Custom Feedback, Presence, and Depth controls to adjust amplifier response
- “Plug-in only” FX Rack for host-syncable lo-fi delay, noise gate, tight and smooth filters and power soak, as well as preamp and power amp bypass switches
- Unison™ technology for UA interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original Suhr PT100 amplifier thanks to impedance matching
- Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and UA Audio interfaces
Brainworx bx_masterdesk Plug-In
Developed by Brainworx, the bx_masterdesk plug-in offers a complete, field-tested chain of high-end analog mastering tools in a simple, easy to use interface. The bx_masterdesk features multiple levels of EQ and powerful compression, plus M/S processing, bass management, and stereo enhancement. With its low DSP footprint, intuitive layout, and comprehensive processing chain, the bx_masterdesk plug-in provides an all in one mastering suite for songwriters, bands, and professional engineers alike.
- Complete analog mastering chain in a simple, all in one plug-in
- User-friendly interface and essential controls provide an efficient mastering process
- Professional, field-proven audio processing, pre-tuned for easy and effective results
- Low DSP footprint allows processing with a single DSP chip
Bill Putnam Microphone Collection Plug-In
The Bill Putnam Mic Collection
provides access to exacting emulations of rare, vintage mics which have been used to record countless iconic artists of the ‘50s, ‘60s, and ‘70s, including Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, The Beach Boys, and more. These mic emulations not only nail the classic timbres of iconic mics used by Grammy award-winning engineer Bill Putnam Sr. to track Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, and more, they also faithfully model the transient response, harmonics, proximity effect and three-dimensional polar response of the original mics.
The Bill Putnam Mic Collection plug-in is available exclusively for UA Audio Interfaces and UAD hardware combined with the the Townsend Labs Sphere L22
, the first and only three-dimensional microphone-modeling product on the market.
- Record through classic and rare microphones of Bill Putnam Sr.’s legendary collection including the Telefunken Ela M 251E, AKG C12A, Neumann U47, RCA 44, and more
- Track through Putnam mic models into any UA Audio Interface with near-zero latency
- Change proximity effect in real-time, or after the recording, to match an earlier vocal take
- Adjust the polar pattern and other parameters to reduce bleed, room coloration, and feedback, before or after tracking
- Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and UA Audio Interfaces
Download UAD Software v9.6 here:
Shop for Universal Audio's Audio Interfaces here: