Universal Audio 6176 PRODUCT FEATURES:
The 6176 Vintage Channel Strip combines the alluring, all-tube sounds of the legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 microphone preamp, with the signature FET compression of our 1176LN, to create the ultimate recording channel strip.
The warm, smooth tones of this mic preamp design - employed to record everyone from Frank Sinatra to Van Halen I - and the unique characteristics of the compressor, are two major reasons why the 6176 is found in studios around the world.
* All-tube mic preamp section derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
* Signature 1176LN Class A FET compressor section, as heard on countless hit records for more than 30 years
* "Split" or "Join" switch allows separate or series operation of the preamp and compressor
* High and Low frequency shelving EQ
* Variable impedance Input, Gain, and Output levels
* Mic, balanced Line, and Hi-Z inputs
* Ultra-quiet operation
* Stereo interconnection via 1176-SA
* Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-Year limited warranty
CONNECTIONSPreamplifier SectionInputsMicrophone (Female XLR)Balanced Line (Female XLR)Unbalanced Line/Instrument (1/4" jack) (D.I.)OutputsBalanced Line (Male XLR) for use in "Split Mode"Compressor SectionInputBalanced Line (Female XLR) for use in "Split Mode"OutputBalanced Line (Male XLR)CONTROLSPreamplifier SectionInput SelectMicrophone: 500 ohm, 2 kOhmBalanced LineHi-Z instrument: 47 kOhm, 2.2 MOhmVariable Gain (Input Feedback Control)5 dB increments @ -10, -5, 0, +5, +10 dBOutput Level ControlHF Shelf EQSwitchable boost/cut: 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 9 dBCorner Frequency Select: 4.5 kHz, 7 kHz, 10 kHzLF Shelf EQSwitchable boost/cut: 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 9 dBCorner Frequency Select: 70 Hz, 100 Hz, 200 HzOther-15dB Pad SwitchPolarity Reverse Switch48 Volt Phantom Power SwitchJoin/Split Switch (for joint or independent compressor/preamplifier operation)Compressor SectionInput GainOutput GainAttackReleaseCompression RatioBypass1:014:018:0112:0120:01and "All Button" modeMeter SelectPreamp OutputCompressor Gain ReductionCompressor OutputTECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONSInput ImpedanceMicrophone (selectable)- 500 ohms or 2K ohmsBalanced Line - 3.8K ohmsHi-Z (selectable)-2.2 Meg ohms or 47K ohmsVacuum Tubes(1) 12AX7A and (1) 12AT7 per channelPower Requirements115/230 voltsWeight11.75 lbs.Dimensions19" Rackmount chassis, 2U